Most e-commerce systems force users to login to the site before they purchase. This can have benefits in some cases, but the hassle of registering can be a turn-off for potential new customers.
neatComponents leaves the choice of whether to force customers to login up to the site designer.
If you force customers to login
- You can construct and show them a 'my purchase history' section aggregating their previous purchases.
- If they make a subsequent purchase they won't have to re-enter their name and address details
- You can accumulate information about purchasing patterns extended across multiple purchases
If you don't force customers to login
- They get an easier purchasing experience - so you may get more orders
- You can provide them with a personal invoice which only they can access
- You collect name, email and physical address information to enable you to contact them and fulfull the order